Volunteering at the Seaport Museum
Want to get hands-on with history? Independence Seaport Museum is always on the lookout for dynamic and engaging volunteers to contribute their talents to promote the Museum’s mission of sharing the region’s maritime heritage. Volunteers play a vital role in our organization. Our volunteers are a highly valued, integral part of the Seaport team, are invited to many Museum openings and special events, and have a lot of fun! Find the perfect opportunity for you today.
"I really enjoy getting to fix things, working with machines, learning a lot and giving insight about submarine life. " Tony, 14 years as a volunteer
Why Volunteer at the Seaport Museum?
- Enjoy the working environment of the waterfront
- Meet others who share a passion of maritime history
- Work with a dedicated group of individuals to fulfill the Museum’s mission
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience
- Receive excellent benefits
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Learn to build wooden boats
- Engage with visitors through Education programs
- Uncover the past through artifact care and collections
- Assist the museum in its daily operations
- Help preserve and restore our historic ships
Volunteer opportunities are available year-round in various departments. We have openings for both weekday and weekend volunteers. Training is provided and all skill levels are welcome.
Interested in an internship with Independence Seaport Museum?
Please go to our Jobs page for open positions.