kayak excursions FAQs
kayak excursions FAQs
By participating in an Independence Seaport Museum program, participants voluntarily assume all risks related to potential exposure to COVID-19 in or about Independence Seaport Museum. The Museum has modified its experience to adhere to safety guidelines and protocol.
Registered for a kayaking excursions and have a few questions?
You must be 18 or older to kayak.
Our kayak excursions are appropriate for different varieties of experience. We highly recommend reading about each excursion and selecting the trip that meets your experience level.
The price of each excursion includes a kayak, paddle, personal flotation device, and guide.
Yes, you must wear a properly fitted Personal Flotation Device (PFD) for the duration or your excursion.
- Kayak excursions will be limited to 15 participants per session.
- Boats, paddles, life jackets and other equipment will be sanitized after each use. High touch areas on the docks will also be sanitized regularly.
- We have updated our rescue equipment to allow for more socially distant rescues, as appropriate.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the docks. We highly encourage visitors to use hand sanitizer before and after each excursion.
- Additionally, ISM staff members will certify to health checks daily and be wearing face masks on the docks.
Additionally, if you (or anyone in your party) may have been exposed to an individual that has had COVID-19 we ask that you do not visit the Museum or participate in programs for fourteen (14) days.
Independence Seaport Museum reserves the right to refuse service to any participant who is not in compliance with the policies/conditions listed above.
Here are a few recommended items to bring on kayak excursions:
- Shoes that can get wet (ideally ones that are secured to your feet, not flip flops).
- A face mask.
- Clothing that can get wet.
- Full water bottle(s) and a snack, such as granola bars.
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, other sun protection.
- Medications you may need.
- Dry bag or waterproof phone case if you plan on bringing any items on the river.
- Additional layers as appropriate.
Yes, you can bring your own equipment; however, ISM is not responsible for your equipment. You assume liability to ensure it’s in workable condition.
Yes, excursions and paddles may be canceled due to severe weather conditions, including thunderstorms, excessive winds and excessive heat. Registered participants will be notified of a cancellation ideally 12 hours before the excursion and will be offered a refund.
If Independence Seaport Museum cancels your trip because of weather or another safety concern, you will have the option to reschedule or receive a refund. Otherwise, kayak excursion ticket purchases are non-refundable.
visit the seaport museum
Immerse yourself in award-winning and interactive exhibits and climb aboard the oldest floating steel warship in the world on Cruiser Olympia and submerge yourself aboard the World War II-era Submarine Becuna.