What We Saved: Old-Time Ephemera
from the Seaport Museum Archives




Matchbooks and "Adverap" Matchbook Holder

Chester Bridgeport Ferry
Mid-20th century

The Chester Bridgeport Ferry operated on the Delaware River from 1930 until 1974, when the Commodore Barry Bridge opened. The ferry-ride from Chester, Pennsylvania to Bridgeport, New Jersey took six minutes, and made a trip to the Jersey Shore quick and easy for Pennsylvanians. During the summer, the ferry ran 24 hours, with boats leaving every five minutes.

Learn more about the Chester Bridgeport Ferry »

Independence Seaport Museum
1981.34.18
1981.34.27, 28, 29
Ephemera Files

Dimensions:
Adverap: 2 7/8 × 8 1/8 inches
Left Matchbook: 1 1/2 × 4 1/2 inches
Center Matchbook: 1 1/2 × 4 3/8 inches
Right Matchbook: 1 1/2 × 4 1/2 inches



Contact Independence Seaport Museum Library