ASTC Museum Passport Program
Members of Independence Seaport Museum at the Member Plus level and above are entitled to free reciprocal admission to over 300 science and technology centers throughout the world through the Association of Science – Technology Centers (ASTC) Passport Program.
Members of Independence Seaport Museum:
As an Independence Seaport Museum Member, you are eligible for Passport admission benefits at participating museums only if:
- The museum is more than 90 miles away from Independence Seaport Museum, and
- Your Photo ID indicates your place of residence is more than 90 miles away from the museum you are visiting, and
- You present your active Independence Seaport Museum Membership card and a matching photo ID at the museum’s ticketing desk.
Be prepared for your visit. We recommend that you call the museum in advance of your arrival, to confirm participation and the specific Passport benefits you will receive as an Independence Seaport Museum Member. Each museum has the right to define the benefit you will receive, and in most cases it will not match your Independence Seaport Museum Member benefits exactly.
Members of Participating ASTC Museums:
As a Member of a participating museum, you are eligible for benefits at Independence Seaport Museum if:
- The museum you are a member of is located more than 90 miles away from Independence Seaport Museum, and
- You present your active Membership at a participating museum and a matching photo ID at Independence Seaport Museum’s ticketing desk, and
- Your Photo ID indicates your place of residence is more than 90 miles away from Independence Seaport Museum.
If you do not arrive with the above required proof, reciprocal benefits may be denied.
Geographic restrictions based on participating science center or museum location:
Science centers or museums located within a 90-mile radius
of each other are excluded from the Passport Program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement. The 90-mile distance is measured “as the crow flies” and not by driving distance.
Geographic restrictions based on members’ residence:
Passport Program benefits do not apply to those members whose principal place of residence is within a participating science center's or museum's local market area. In other words, to receive Passport Program benefits, you must live more than 90 miles away from the center/museum you wish to visit.
If you have questions, please contact the Membership office at 215-413-8626 Monday through Friday during business hours or by email at email@example.com.