Seaport Parade of Lights
Independence Seaport Museum will host its 5th annual Seaport Parade of Lights, a holiday lighted boat parade on the Delaware River, on Saturday, December 13, 2014. The parade will feature both working vessels along with pleasure boats, all decked out with festive twinkling lights and decorations.
Prior to the parade, Seaport Museum guests can enjoy holiday festivities and entertainment from 11:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Activities include:
• Take part in holiday ornament making and gingerbread boat making activities in Santa’s Workshop on the Water
• Take a selfie with Santa before he heads out to lead the parade from the decks of the historic 1902 tug, Jupiter
• See a hand-carved ice sculpture of the mighty warship Olympia, presented by Ice Bars Luges and Logo's
• See a lighted model ship display at the Ship Model Shack
• Listen to songs of the season from West Deptford High School Madrigal Choir
• Pose w/ Calico Jack in front of a step and repeat backdrop
• See a Silver Ships display, an ongoing tradition featuring dozens of tiny silver ships from the Museum's collection
• Hop over to Nesquik's Bunnyland to play games, drink delicious chocolate milk and meet Quiky, the bunny
At 5:00 pm, head outside for the parade, led by the Jupiter, a vintage 1902 tug maintained by the Philadelphia Ship Preservation Guild. Museum visitors will get the best view of the parade from the 2nd floor balcony overlooking the Delaware River. The Seaport Parade of Lights will be a competition for best decorated boat.
If you'd like your boat/yacht to participate in the parade, please contact Gina Pickton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special pricing available for groups of 10 or more. Contact Tina Yerkes at (215) 413-8622 or email@example.com.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact Sarah Cho at (215) 413-8628 or firstname.lastname@example.org.