Lunar New Year
Discover East Asia-Pacific Cultures and Celebrate Lunar New Year!
Saturday, February 21
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Discover an afternoon of culture at our Lunar New Year event. The celebration will pay tribute to the year of the goat which represents good fortune and prosperity.
Seaport Museum visitors will enjoy cultural activities, crafts, dancing and more from China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam.
Click here to view past photos!
- Korean Game of Yut
- Chinese lanterns
- Japanese Lucky Cat
- Year of the Goat Craft Activity
Demonstrations and Workshops:
- Martial Arts Workshop Series (for children and adults) presented by Zhang Sah
- Wutang Kung fu
- Taichi Chuan
- Taoist Yoga
- Dance performance presented by Penn Chinese Dance Club
- Dumplings prepared by student chefs from the Philadelphia JNA Institute of Culinary Arts
- Sushi burritos prepared by Hai St. Kitchen & Market
All activities are included with regular Museum admission. Tickets available at the door.
11:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Calligraphy workshop
11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Martial Arts Workshop Series every half hour
11:30 am, 1:00 pm, and 2:30 pm - Chinese storytelling sessions