Paddle Penn's Landing
Row, Row, Row Your Boat!
Enjoy the waterfront by getting right on the water. Paddle Penn's Landing at Independence Seaport Museum offers swan boats, rowboats, and kayak rentals from May through September 20.
Hours: Open Thurs - Sun, from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with last sales at 7:30 p.m., weather permitting. Schedule subject to change.
Fleet and Fees: Cash only at the dock, credit cards accepted inside the museum.
- Single Kayaks: $5 per boat for half hour
- Swan Boats: $10 per boat for half hour
- Tandem kayaks and Rowboats: $10 per boat for half hour
- Boats are rented on a first come/first served basis. Reservations are available for Birthday Parties at ISM or through Group Sales only.
- For more information on booking a Birthday Party, contact Melania Majowicz at 215-413-8663 or email@example.com.
- For more information on having your group visit the Seaport Museum, contact Tina Yerkes at 215-413-8622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Departure Location: The dock at Independence Seaport Museum.
- Age requirements: 2 & up for Swans (size dependent based on child size life jackets), 11 & up for Single Kayaks, 6 & up when accompanied by ages 16 & up for Tandem Kayaks, and 6 & up for Rowboats.
- Safety equipment like life jackets and whistles required and provided with rental and must be worn at all times on the water
- Driver’s license or valid ID required for boat rental
- Boat Rental Agreement Waiver must be filled out in full prior to Rental by an adult over the age of 18
- All vessels must be returned by sunset as per the Coast Guard
- No previous experience necessary
Click here for Boat Rental FAQs.
We reserve the right to refuse use of equipment or facilities if the renter or customer in our judgment is ill or otherwise in a situation which might affect his own or the safety of others. We also reserve the right to call in rented boats improperly or unsafely handled. All boats are rated by passengers and weight limit. If the weight limit is exceeded we retain the right to restrict the number of passengers or cargo aboard the boat. Renter is responsible for any damage during the rental